The Twin City Model Railroad Museum board of directors has approved a proposal submitted by Prism Enterprises to develop (re-design from scratch) and manage a new website for the museum.
The current static design has served the museum well over the years, but hasn’t kept up with available website technology and capabilities.
A New Dynamic Look
The new website, expected to launch in September 2010, will have a completely new and dynamic look.
- Custom graphics and color scheme
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Smart phone friendly
- Integrated blog with articles about the museum
- Integrated visitor traffic analysis
- Easy to navigate with public and member sections
- Public section:
- Museum location and hours
- Special exhibits and events
- Group and tour information for schools and senior centers
- Dedicated pages:
- About the Twin City Model Railroad Museum
- History of the Twin City Model Railroad Museum
- Museum membership information
- How to donate to the museum
- Related website and company links and information
- Password protected member section:
- Member roster and contact information
- Member handbook
- Operating procedures
- Volunteer schedule
- Public section:
While the re-designed website will be fully search engine optimized (SEO), have more content, including separate public and member administrative sections, it will be easier to navigate.
The new home page design will feature dynamic content that emphasizes current events, what’s new at the museum and provide easy access to the integragted blog. The new design will also be smart-phone friendly.
At the time of this writing, the custom graphics and color scheme has not yet been finalized, but the image at right shows the new look up to this point.
I’ll make an announcement (are you a subscriber?) when the new website launches.